Angrybirds – Custom Levels

A few weeks have pasted since our friends over at Rovio release the awesome Angrybirds game for the N900 over at the ovi store:.
The game is already being downloaded 6 times more than the original sales of the same game on the iPhone. The first world of Angrybirds is free as I mentioned in my first review of the game here.
Most of you may also know that there was an issue with the release of the level pack on Ovi store, which allowed users to directly download the Level pack from their N900′s without having to pay.
Rovio promtly removed the pack, and now most people are left waiting to part with their £3 pounds so that they may enjoy more awesome levels for this graphically beautiful game.

Fear not my little friends because a few of us over at Maemo.org have started a thread for a Level editor. Another great thing is that @Miika over at Maemo.org is also an employee of Rovio and has been good enough to get us clearance to create our own levels and begin work on a level editor, head over and see how things are getting on.

I’ve also added a post to Maemo-freak here.
Quote from @Miika

First of all, wow! We anticipated requests for level editor but didn’t quite expect the users to put effort to reverse engineer their own. It’s very nice to see the level of interest Angry Birds has received from the Maemo community.
As for any possible legal issues no worries, go for it!

So while the level editor is being worked on, myself and @cgarvie have created some levels for you to spent your time on.
I must say that all credit goes to @cgarvie, for all his help on teaching us how to make levels and edit files etc.

He has now release a level pack of 10 custom levels:
Image up and over (@cgarvie)                        Image3 little pigs (@cgarvie)
Image through the wall (@cgarvie)               Image mind the steps (@stobbsc)
Image drop (@cgarvie)                                       Image pyramid (@cgarvie)
Image oh piggy where art thou (@cgarvie) Image bounce left right (@stobbsc)
Imageroll over miss piggy (@cgarvie)           Image birdhouse of my soul (@cgarvie)

There is a video below of the levels in action:

Here are the instructions of how you can go ahead and install these levels:
First you need to download the attached file:HERE
You can either use WinRAR to extra the file on your PC or Type the following in your N900 terminal if you download it directly to your device:

root
tar xfz /home/user/MyDocs/cag_level_pack.tar.gz

This will extra a mypack folder. Copy this folder to the internal memory of the N900 if you unpacked in windows.
Then open X-Terminal (you will need rootsh) on the N900 an type in the following:

root
mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
cp /home/user/MyDocs/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

So a big thanks to everyone over at Maemo.org and to Rovio. now lets get playing.

118 Comments

MikeFebruary 2nd, 2010 at 11:14

@xMichaelSFx who are you calling little? :-) Awesome post, awesome game, you are the best for doing such a cool post.

Regards,

@lookatbowen

stobbscFebruary 2nd, 2010 at 11:15

I was aiming that comment DIRECTLY at you Mike he he he he

bkrentFebruary 3rd, 2010 at 19:43

I was fortunate enough to buy the extra level packs before they got pulled from the Ovi store. But how can I install these custom levels? When I try your method, it says the Level 2 pack already exists.

HomerFebruary 3rd, 2010 at 20:07

OK I keep getting ‘not found’ errors. I’m using N900 with rootsh installed. what am I doing wrong?

chrisFebruary 4th, 2010 at 01:33

how are you supposed to get past level 7?

AlphamaxFebruary 4th, 2010 at 02:07

Not installing for me too. Any ideas?

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 09:03

Homer/Alphamax, what errors are you getting?

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 09:05

bkrent could you try this:
first rename the current level pack2 using the following:

sudo gainroot
mv /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2_orig

After this try this copy command:

cp /home/user/MyDocs/mypack /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

Please note this based on the fact that all your files are in mypack under MyDocs.

Let me know if this doesn’t work

2rFebruary 4th, 2010 at 11:12

Hey … same problem like Homer/Alphamax … error is: can’t open ‘z’: No such file or directory …

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 11:19

is the error with the extracting or with the copying I need more information?

2rFebruary 4th, 2010 at 11:23

np …

tar xfz /home/user/MyDocs/cag_level_pack.tar.gz

this doesn’t work. shame i’m not that into shell commands ^^

seems like the path is somehow wrong but i downloaded it with the phone directly in the documents folder …

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 11:35

ok thats is not your documents folder.

/home/MyDocs/.documents/ is your documents folder.

you can always use the ls command to ls.

so doing this you should see your file

ls /home/user/MyDocs/.Documents/

If that shows you file then use that directory for the tar

Let me know if this doesn’t work

2rFebruary 4th, 2010 at 11:41

ahhhhh ^^

with this info and my googling this is the solution.

go to: /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/

and than use this command: tar -xzf cag_level_pack.tar.gz

one step deeper in the n900 and shell commands … thanks a lot !!! =D

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 11:48

no problem:
you could basically either use cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/ and then tar -xzf cag_level_pack.tar.gz

Or just tar -xzf /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/cag_level_pack.tar.gz which you could do from any location.

tuoviFebruary 4th, 2010 at 12:12

“how are you supposed to get past level 7?”

There is one pig hided in top of the screen, about same place as the visible.

pintofwaterFebruary 4th, 2010 at 15:53

Hi,

I am having a problem installing this tar, i have located the tar file following 2r’s comments

and tried to tar, it pauses for a second then returns to the root, however when I go into the game there still isn’t a big “2″ to select, I then tried after taring the file the inital command of:

root
mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
cp /home/user/MyDocs/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

But get access is denied messages! argh!

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 15:58

ok things to check. Do you have rootsh installed?
is your mypack folder definitly in ./MyDocs and not in .documents (your documents folder)

pintofwaterFebruary 4th, 2010 at 16:38

Yes I have rootsh installed, Ive just located the mypack in the .documents, so changed
the Cp to cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

and getting :
cp: cannot stat ‘/home/user/MyDocs/mypack/*: No such file or directory!

But i can see it argghh!

Please help

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 16:40

try just this

If your mypacks folder is in your documents taht should def work

pintofwaterFebruary 4th, 2010 at 16:49

receive an error: cp: omitting directory cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mypack /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

if i ls /home/user/MyDocs/.documents I can see the tar and mypack, and if I open mypack I can see all the levels!

its probably just me!

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 17:03

mmm this is strange I’m not sure why it’s not working for you:

worked for me :-(

pintofwaterFebruary 4th, 2010 at 17:25

Even when I LS /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 i see mypack and when I ls /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2/mypack I see all the levels, although I have noticed that these range from level1.lua to level96.lua.

I now just explored the TAR on a pc and noticed theres more than 10 levels, is this normal?!

I have restarted the n900 and tried reloading angrybirds but still no “2″ on new game, just the “1″

Thanks for your patience this far stobbsc!

stobbscFebruary 4th, 2010 at 17:28

OK I know what is wrong.
There should be more than 10 levels for the pack to work, don’t worry about the numbers they are wierd.
the lua files should be in the pack2/ folder and not in the pack2/mypack/ folder.

Some how you have copied your mypack folder into pack2/ instead of just copying the files.

does that make sense?

{I wonder why it shows as stobbsc rather than my name Chris Stobbs}

pintofwaterFebruary 4th, 2010 at 17:41

Ah yes I just worked this out! Wicked got it working finally, sorry quite new to all this command stuff, hopefully others who read the comments will find out the correct way of doing it!

Noticed a huge slowdown on my n900 after I copied the files from pack2/mypack, should i delete the folder pack2/mypack as there is obviously duplicates of it on the n900.

Can you enlighten me on the delete command for xterminal?

Thanks again Chris, very helpful!

Tom ChivertonFebruary 4th, 2010 at 19:02

Man, you made that hard work.
It’s “tar zxvf” not what you have to unpack on the device, and your paths are messed up, and you use ‘cp’ rather than ‘mv’ of the unpacked files, which will leave files outside ‘my docs’ on normal users phones, where they can’t normally see them.

If you compiled the archive from just above the ‘pack2′ folder, you could arrange for it to unpack with the correct name and it’d Just Work.

embtyFebruary 5th, 2010 at 00:46

i dont have mydocs file in my n900 ? :|

HomerFebruary 5th, 2010 at 01:26

getting this error

“omitting directory cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mypack ”

I unpacked the file on my PC and dropped it into documents under the mypack folder name.

HomerFebruary 5th, 2010 at 01:55

OK I got it going.
I unpacked the levels on my PC and dropped the mypack folder into Documents in the N900. So do that or this wont work.
As clearly stated above, you MUST have rootsh installed on the phone. Theres a link above to download it.
Open Xterminal on your phone, type in -

root

mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

That should be it …….

Make sure you have ONE space between
mkdir /home
cp /home
mypack/* -R /home

Its all workin for me, I hope that helps some of you out.

HomerFebruary 5th, 2010 at 02:16

On checking above there is no link so here it is

Navigate there with your phone and install it ;-)

GCGCFebruary 5th, 2010 at 05:35

I know this is a stupid question… it’s my first time using x-terminal and i can’t figure out how to use return to go to the next text line. enter is not working to go to a new text line. Can somebody please tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance.. :)

GCGCFebruary 5th, 2010 at 06:27

never mind lol I realized I just have to press enter and let it enter each line of commands seperately. I got it working thanks to Homer :) Thank you

stobbscFebruary 5th, 2010 at 09:27

Thanks to Tom and Homer for the additional help explaining.

Sorry if the “tar zxvf” was the wrong extraction method for the device.

Is everyone here sorted now?

embtyFebruary 5th, 2010 at 10:54

homer when i do this cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 i get “usage: cp [OPTION] … SOURCE DEST” any ideas?

ChrisFebruary 5th, 2010 at 11:04

ok, a bit of help please! i’ve downloaded the level pack from the link above and it is currently saved in NokiaN900/Documents – i have now idea where MyDocs are or how to access them so the first command in X- terminal doesn’t work. I’ve got Rootsh installed so just need some clear, foolproof instructions please!!!

stobbscFebruary 5th, 2010 at 11:08

if you find the mypack directory visible when the you run this
ls /home/user/MyDocs/.document

then this should work:

mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

Please not this is a copy command and not a move command so the files will remain in /.documents/

ChrisFebruary 5th, 2010 at 11:32

ls /home/user/MyDocs/.document worked fine and could see the file but when I entered

mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

I got the following – mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

and then why I tried the next line of code anyway I got the same as embty above:

“usage: cp [OPTION] … SOURCE DEST”

I know it’s nearly there, thanks for the help so far!

stobbscFebruary 5th, 2010 at 11:34

are you doing this as root?

ChrisFebruary 5th, 2010 at 11:39

sorry, how do you mean?? this is def the first time I’ve used X-term so need every detail explained! thanks

stobbscFebruary 5th, 2010 at 11:43

do you have rootsh installed.

Please note this should all be done at your own risk. It’s not recommend running loads of root commands if you don’t know what you doing!!!

ChrisFebruary 5th, 2010 at 12:02

yes i was doing it as root and still got same result

stobbscFebruary 5th, 2010 at 12:07

have you tried heading over to the thread and asking some of the advance x-term guys

sorry I’m pretty busy at the mo :-(

ChrisFebruary 5th, 2010 at 12:20

no probs thaks for your help stobbsc

DavidFebruary 5th, 2010 at 15:53

Hi.
I have just one problem
When I enter: mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 – It says: mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2′: Permission denied

stobbscFebruary 5th, 2010 at 15:56

are you running as root?

DavidFebruary 5th, 2010 at 17:31

first I downloaded “rootsh” then opened X-term and wrote there

DavidFebruary 6th, 2010 at 10:11

What should I do ?

embtyFebruary 6th, 2010 at 10:55

EDIT: theres a “cp: invalid option”

chris stobbsFebruary 6th, 2010 at 11:16

hi guys my linux is not great so i suggest you hwad over to the maemo.org threads in my post and ask for more help there

ZachFebruary 7th, 2010 at 03:16

its ‘cp -r file1 file2′ not ‘cp file1 -R file2′

also, the post says ‘tar xfz’ which won’t work, try ‘tar -xzf’ instead.

MahmoudFebruary 7th, 2010 at 15:11

this is the first time i use x terminal, and apparently its case sensitive, i was tryin mydocs at first and it kept sayin path doesnt exits,then i capitalized it and it worked as a charm .. im a windows user, this is my first time experimenting with a linux based OS pretty amazed so far, but the commands are pretty frustrating .. i havent got it to work yet :D .. ima go back scratching my head figuring out a way how to do this, i feel lame :(

pablonissFebruary 7th, 2010 at 15:30

do this with midnight commander

ifraFebruary 9th, 2010 at 13:56

cp(have a space here)/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mypack/*(have a space here)-R(have a space here)/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

try now :)

PushermanFebruary 10th, 2010 at 12:45

the copy command doesnt work for me :(

I’m having root xs, rootsh installed & used the root command.

when I use:
ls /home/user/MyDocs/
it works…

when I use

ls /home/user/MyDocs/.documents (or any other instead of .documents)

I keep getting the following error:

cp: cannot stat ‘/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/*: No such file or directory!

this is also the error I get when I use the copy command.

For some reason it doesn’t see any files/folders beyond MyDocs..

SutikkaFebruary 11th, 2010 at 09:13

Am I the onlyone who has problems with the 3rd level set? When I try to start thefirst stage of the 3rd set, the game crashes and shuts down. Is those levels ready to play or did I just make a mistake while installing the whole thing?
This was my first time to mess around with the root system so I’m not that confident with my skills in this kind of things.

ragFebruary 11th, 2010 at 09:44

Thanks Homer,

root

mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

worked like a charm!

Avinash SoneeFebruary 12th, 2010 at 09:01

amazing. worked perfectly! :)

JohannaFebruary 16th, 2010 at 23:03

Hello, I would appreciate some help please.

I’ve downloaded the level pack and extracted it with the tar command. But when I should do the mkdir and cp thing it doesn’t work.
I tried the mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 and get the response “cannot create directory: File exists.”
Then I tried the copy command cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/mypack/* -R/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levles/pack2 but I got the same cp [OPTION] … SOURCE DEST as Chris got earlier.
Anyone got any ideas of what’s wrong? I’m not used to Linux or X Terminal at all…

Thanks for a great site!

Chris StobbsFebruary 17th, 2010 at 09:06

are you using root access?

I would suggest trying this thread out,:

I hang around there loads and if I can’t help then others can.
Do you have the level pack installed?
also looks like you have a spelling mistake in your cp command.

JohannaFebruary 17th, 2010 at 15:56

I have rootsh installed, but I don’t really know what root access is? I Just opened the X terminal and typed the commands… How do I know I’m in the root?
I think that I have the level pack installed, but can I check it somehow?
would be grateful for a hint about where the spelling mistake is in the code string.

Thanks!
Johanna
Linux newbie

chris stobbsFebruary 17th, 2010 at 15:58

if the first command you type in is “root”, or “gain sudoroot” then you good on the root stuff.

You can check if you have the pack in stalled if you have a world 1 and 2, you should also know cause you would have had to buy it from OVI store before they removed it.

The spelling mistake is in levles/pack2
this should be levels/pack2 in your cp command

JohannaFebruary 17th, 2010 at 17:51

Thanks for the help Chris!
Should I press enter after I’ve typed root?
I only have world 1 in the game, I downloaded the free version of Angry Birds from Maemo select. When I’ve played world one I got a message that I could buy more levels from Ovi store, except there’s nothing to buy at the shop…
Thanks again!
Johanna

Chris StobbsFebruary 18th, 2010 at 09:07

yes you should press enter after root.

The game was removed from OVI because of purchacing issues.

Please check out this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42999

DavidFebruary 20th, 2010 at 22:04

The + levels are working BUT When I start the first level in the 3. World the whole game end and exits

DavidFebruary 20th, 2010 at 22:05

What may be the problem ?

chris stobbsFebruary 21st, 2010 at 08:47

haven’t bought the level pack then the reason is that there are np levels for world 3.

DavidFebruary 21st, 2010 at 10:48

oh… thank you

JohannaFebruary 21st, 2010 at 19:52

Just wanted to say thanks to Chris Stobbs, I finally got things working and I’m playing a lot! :D
I love Angry Birds, but oh it’s frustrating when you’re struggling with a new level.

Inventor of LinuxFebruary 26th, 2010 at 20:50

If you are extracting the cag_level_pack.tar.gz on your phone (and not first in windows) and get the following error : cant open z no such file or directory, then follow these steps:

gzip(space)-d(space)cag_level_pack.tar.gz
and then
tar(space)-xvf cag_level_pack.tar

After this you should be able to continue with copying the files you just extracted by typing:

root
mkdir(space)/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
cp(space)/home/user/MyDocs/mypack/*(space)-R(space)/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

This should do the trick

MikeMarch 2nd, 2010 at 13:20

@ Inventor of Linux
Thansk a lot, I could successfuly install the level pack thanks to these instructions.
( I typed in the commands twice, once like written here and the second time with “sudo” in front of them, just to make sure it works.

JohannaMarch 2nd, 2010 at 21:54

Hi guys,
just a quick question. After a lot of trouble I installed the level pack. But when I got to world 2 and level 11 all I got was the “through the wall” game all over again. The same level repeats ten times and when I get to the first level in world 3 the game crash.
Is this just because there is no world 3? And only 10 levels in the 2nd world? Or have I done something wrong?
And how come there are so many more levels for the Iphone version of Angry Birds?
Ooooh. Guess that was more than just one question…

chris stobbsMarch 3rd, 2010 at 07:39

hi
this custom level pack only had 10 levels and to keep the world fromcrashing a repeat level was done.
if you goto ovi store now you will see the level pack for world 2 and word 3 from Rovio are back up.
with regards to iPhone my guess would be becuase it’s older so they have had more time to build levels.

JohannaMarch 3rd, 2010 at 19:36

Thanks Chris for your response. But when I go to Ovi Store I can’t find any level packs for Angry Birds. Only a free version of the game which I already have installed. Is world 2 and 3 paid versions? And how do I find them?

JohannaMarch 3rd, 2010 at 19:54

Or do I have to reinstall the free version again?
Sorry for all the stupid questions and thanks for your patience.

chris stobbsMarch 3rd, 2010 at 21:17

ive just has look in the ovi store and i can’t find the level pack either. i’ll hit the talk.maemo.org threads and see whats happened

chris stobbsMarch 3rd, 2010 at 21:21

here is a link to the last thread related to the release of the level pacl.

looks like it’s been pulled from the ovi store agin.
sorry about that.

AndyMarch 24th, 2010 at 15:02

This is sooooo complicated! Is there no easier way to download. Any news on when the real level pack will be available?

stobbscMarch 24th, 2010 at 15:04

I’m not sure when the level pack is going back into OVI.

Keep your eyes on this side over the next day or two. I’m writting a new post about the new easier way to run the customer levels.

stobbscMarch 30th, 2010 at 10:25

Hi All, I’ve made another post that should make the installation process easier :-)

AlbApril 21st, 2010 at 18:09

it finally works!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks to al! ))))))))))))))))))))

FredApril 22nd, 2010 at 19:46

PLEASE HELP
I have the rootsch installed.
I type in Root and press enter
then type in the mkdir command, and it say “cannot create directory-File exists”

WHAT SHOULD I DO? :(

krissApril 29th, 2010 at 20:44

well I did everything and I have files in pack2 folder in opt but still closed level 2 and 3 in game :( do I have to finich 1st level to have open 2nd after all this steps u wrote above?? or what is wrong?

TzoniMay 1st, 2010 at 18:42

doesnt work for me, im a noob with this stuff. it just says no such file or directory.

“tar: can’t open ‘z’: No such file or directory”

Pradeep AhujaMay 3rd, 2010 at 13:25

when I run cp command , I get a permission denied. Can you help.

Pradeep AhujaMay 3rd, 2010 at 16:28

Got it working. Sorry to bother you. Have fun. Guess unless one is very careful with inputs, there are problems. So just enter words and spaces correctly. Thank

LindaMay 5th, 2010 at 10:39

HELP!!! it does’t work to me. i don’t know what more to do :(
when i paste this on xtermial
root
mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
cp /home/user/MyDocs/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

it kepps showing this
$ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso26+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter ‘help’ for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900-42-11:~# mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2′: File exists
Nokia-N900-42-11:~# cp /home/user/MyDocs/mypack/* -R /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

can anyone there help me? :(

Atr4XMay 9th, 2010 at 23:47

Hey Linda:
just try this:
ls home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2/
If you have the files: it’s done.
Just play !

LindaMay 11th, 2010 at 06:25

@Atr4x
i did what u told but…
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso26+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter ‘help’ for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2/
-sh: home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2/: not found
~ $

LindaMay 11th, 2010 at 16:47

i have got it :D

LindaMay 12th, 2010 at 02:40

i’ve finally got it. but there’s something weird. the level 7???
there is just 1 pig head in the middle of screen and when i hit it… misson failed???
is that an error or is supposes to be like this?
sry for a stupid question but i would like to know….

DuggoMay 25th, 2010 at 13:16

Damn good stuff, something to keep myself occupied on the train.
Well done , lets hope theres many more levels to add

Atr4XMay 25th, 2010 at 23:09

Hi again Linda !
i don’t remember if i get @ this level.
I’ll try and let you know.

kulasJune 5th, 2010 at 01:10

for those who has problems copying, try this command:

cp ./mypack2/* -R/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

goodluck! :)

bijsJune 8th, 2010 at 14:37

F***ing awsome dude… thanks a ton!!

livyaJuly 1st, 2010 at 05:53

hi, i wanna ask.. i already get the level 2 and 3, but in level 2, it’s the same game from 2-11 till 2-21. and when i press level 3, my application closed by itself. what’s wrong? thx

skibJuly 21st, 2010 at 03:05

I think I’ve tried all of your comments but it won’t work.. I can start the game, but when I’m going to start a level, the game crashes. I have tried to install the game again but it keeps crashing.

Christopher StobbsJuly 21st, 2010 at 04:56

Hi skib,
Have you tried the latest version of the custom levels hack?

If this doesn’t work please goto the talk.Maemo.org links in that post for help.
I haven’t played in sometime and not sure if perhaps PR1.2 is causing problems.

Christopher StobbsJuly 21st, 2010 at 04:59

Livya, this sounds like a bug?
Have you tried writing to ROVIO the company that makes the game.
I’ve never seen this issue before.

SnorlaxAugust 31st, 2010 at 10:26

Hi All,

Please HELP!! After followed all of the instructions and command i finally got the following message ” cp: cannot create ‘/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2/level.lua’: Permission denied

Please tell me what have I done wrong? This is the first time I’m using Linux and X terminal.

Many thanks in advanced for your help.

Christopher StobbsSeptember 7th, 2010 at 22:58

I will need to find out if this is still possible with the new version of Angry Birds

numohSeptember 10th, 2010 at 05:22

i seem cant play the 3rd level set. when i enter any level, it will turn back to the desktop

N900September 10th, 2010 at 05:28

let me be clear. these custom levels are from 2-1 until 2-10?

Pottan sukkurOctober 29th, 2010 at 18:00

That really worked!!!! Thanks a tonne!

persianDecember 12th, 2010 at 20:14

Hope someone will get back to me on this. I managed to get all the instructions done. Since I bought both of the paid level packs (2 and 3), I had to rename the custom pack pack9 since the others are packs 1-8. It doesn’t show in the application though, any thoughts?

Christopher StobbsJanuary 3rd, 2011 at 21:18

@persian What do you mean it doesn’t show in the application?

Gabriele MalaspinaJanuary 7th, 2011 at 01:24

Thanks a lot! very cool levels :)
I used WinSCP, so i just put the file in the correct directory and nothing else.

RoopJanuary 21st, 2011 at 09:09

i’ve run the commands successfully, but still the levels r locked :s………..what should i do?
i can see all the levels pack under mypack…whats the next step?
Plz help ppl.

Christopher StobbsJanuary 21st, 2011 at 09:38

@Roop,

this is not to unlock the levels but rather to play custom levels made by the public.

RoopJanuary 21st, 2011 at 10:13

Ok Christ, thx for the info. But how i can play the custom levels?…..i just wanna play the other levels……is there a way to do that?….if yes, can u plz help me with that?
thx slot :)

RoopJanuary 21st, 2011 at 10:14

oopps sorry……i didnt see the s….its alot*….sorry again

Christopher StobbsJanuary 21st, 2011 at 10:15

If you just want to play the normal levels you need to buy them from OVI store

RoopJanuary 21st, 2011 at 20:37

no way, ill not pay…..im sure there is a way….ppl can crack everything nowadays…wake up :P

but thx anyway…ill delete that folders from my n900

luchiJanuary 22nd, 2011 at 04:10

After I did these steps appears to me:

Usage: cp [OPTION]. . . SOURCE DEST

What does it mean? How am I supposed to play the new stages?
That I enter a game they do not appear to me there
Please help me …

GurrpratapFebruary 25th, 2011 at 17:16

OK I got it going.
Open Xterminal on your phone, type in -

root

mkdir /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2

That should be it …….

Make sure you have ONE space between
mkdir /home
cp /home
mypack/* -R /home

Its all workin for me, I hope that helps some of you out.

I did all of this but there seems to be a problem with mkdir /home…….
When I type it it says mkdir: cannot create directory home/opt/rovio……. File exists.
How do I correct this.

deshJuly 1st, 2011 at 23:09

hello im creating a angry birds level. soo if your stuck pleace go whach a youtube to help to create your own angry birds

angrbirOctober 10th, 2011 at 00:13

how do you make one?

cluelessOctober 29th, 2011 at 12:57

All the codes that I have tried did not work with xterminal using root. What I did was to download the file cag_level_pack.tar and place it in the N900 internal memoryas advised on the previous posts (do not extract it using your pc). Make sure you have Xarchiver installed (I don’t know if there are other extracting application for N900) and use it to extract the file. Choose user then mydocs and look for the file name cag_level_pack.tar then extract it. Now check your Angry bird game and Alas! it’s working! ^_^ Hope this help others having difficulties using xterminal.

aaditya shahNovember 11th, 2011 at 02:46

i have saved the downloaded file in Documents folder.
when i typed tar xfz /home/user/MyDocs/cag_level_pack.tar.gz in X-terminal, it rea tar: can’t open and tar.gz: no such file or directory

Christopher StobbsNovember 11th, 2011 at 09:07

you sure your file is in the right location?